Latest Movie :

Follow us on Google+

Home » » Surgical gender change and Vo D' Balm

Surgical gender change and Vo D' Balm

{[['']]}




          Meet Vo D' Balm, 5' 10" transgender woman. Unlike most transgender or transsexual women,
      Ms. D' Balm has an allergic reaction to estrogen, so all of her transitional changes are surgical.
   
        I am fundraising to make #TransLifeChange an official charity, its goal will be to assist  and
      fund the gender and sex changes, of those who are under the poverty level. Many of us are trapped
      in the wrong bodies, with little or no hope. My plans for Trans Life Change as a charity, to
      create 3 in real-life gender academies for adult males to females. Including housing, meals,
      academy uniforms, instructional classes. Along with a medical facility for female hormones,
      gender change, liposuction, body sculpting, plastic and sex change surgeries, as well as facial
      and body hair removal. Every day, someone either discovers he is really a she or can no longer live the lie, that they were born into the wrong body.
     
       Few things are as fragile as woman's opinion of herself, cis or trans. In a society that judges on looks, males to females are one of the most discriminated against minorities. Starting at puberty, our bodies are savagely ravaged by testosterone. All we can do is exist as helpless passengers, on a lifelong journey, that's completely alien to us. I need your help creating this charity. I can't promise results like Ms. Vo D'Balm, but I will do my best, to see that every adult male to female we help, can be brought to her optimal female self.

        Trans Life Change Charity, is a 501c.3. You would have us to help you transition and cover surgeries, not hoping individual fundraisers garner support. I know that we are stronger together than apart.

      
                                             

Vo D'Balm was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico. Lived there until the age of 2 years old. Then moved to NY with family where they have lived ever since. Vo D'Balm graduated from North Rockland Highschool Her parents are descendants of Puerto Rico, Spain and Sicily, Italy. She is involved in the Miss Queen of the Universe Pageants every year in which she contributes with her help and presence to present the award for: Best in Swimsuit because in 2000, she won Miss Queen of the Universe's Best in Swimsuit and ever since she is assigned this category because she is still the best in swimsuit because of her fit figure. Vo D'Balm is now entering a new career change and working her way into Hollywood to become a legit actress.




Posted byu/Monica666  6 years ago on REDDIT

Mainstream, Society and Transgender Females. By Vo D'Balm

I came to this country in 1991. Ever since I was back in my natal country, I always had aspirations of being a Hollywood actress or a model. I was born biologically a male, but I am now a Transgender female and reside in the U.S. I was 16 years old when I came to the U.S and ever since I tried to get in the mainstream industry. Unfortunately, at that time, I was still a boy. So, I got some work as an extra actor in some Hollywood films such as: Strange Days, with Angela Basset, Bridges of the Madison County, A Murder of Crows among others. As I grew up on set with the real actors and actresses, I used to always envision myself as an actress, not as an actor. So, I used to always love being on set and watch the actresses do their job on set. I was thrilled by it and started to pursue a career in acting and modeling. So, I went to a casting agency in which they would get me auditions and bit parts in films as extra. I also got registered with a modeling agency in Beverly Hills, CA. At that time, I was still a boy, but the funny thing is that people would always perceive me as a woman or a lesbian woman, because of my femenine features and my narrow face along with smooth skin. So, the whole time they would mistake me for a woman. So, I finally went for the transition of being a woman. I said: "If I am always perceived as a woman, then let me be a woman as that is what I have always been in mind since I was 5 years old." So, then I started being a woman 24/7 every day and the funny thing is that from the first day I ever went out as a woman, nobody could tell I was actually a transgender female. So, it made it easy for me to keep my confidence as a woman and developed into a strong confident woman. Then, I made some cosmetic arrangements to refine my feminine features and it was great results. After I had done this, I said to myself I was ready to start showing my face and image to the world. So, I went to modeling agencies again and AGAIN, they turned me down for being a transgender female. Sometime after, I met a real Hollywood producer who told me that if I underwent the reassignment surgery, he would make me a big star. I told him I would never do for anybody and that if I ever did, I would do it for myself and no one else as it is a personal choice that we must live with every day after is done as there is no turning back from that point on and I don't need surgery to feel, look or act like a woman. I was born a woman and simply born in the wrong body, but my mind an spirit are of that of a woman. This became an issue as after all the cosmetic surgeries to make myself more marketable, I would still get turned down even at the casting agencies. I recently went to a different modeling agency in this new town where I just moved, and in the audition, the scouts and modeling directors were really impressed with my look and the way I worked the cameras that night as they had me do a photo shoot test to see how I photographed. The director who asked me to come in for that audition was also blown away with my performance. At the end of the audition, they selected a few from the group of the audition from that night. They selected me. Then, they asked me to call the agency director next day and gave me a time for me to call back. When I called, I barely spoke to the director and she was so rude with me from minute one and hung up the phone on me. Then, I called back and told the receptionist to tell me that she needs to see a resume from me. So, I faxed it to her right away, she then stone walled me all the way to the point that she would not even get on the phone with me, because she realized that my name on resume is the same as my legal driver's license name and that it was a male's name, not a female's name. So, she then gets on the phone with me and apologized for not getting on the phone with me sooner but that she can't take a risk with the agency as she's aware that I am a transgender female and that this would be a big issue in the agency and business. She said my gender was an issue for public. I told her: "I thought this was the land of dreams, a free country and the land of freedom?" She didn't say anything and hung up on me without even saying goodbye. I felt so discriminated against for my gender, but there was nothing I could do as even a law suit would have not been enough to repair the mental psychological state of mind in which she left me when she dropped the call. I was shocked, but I wasn't feeling regret of who I had become as I am very proud of being who I am and who I became.
After some time, I also called the casting agency I am registered with and asked them: "I wanna know what it is that is so wrong with me that you won't hire me for anything even if I call for a casting job that I fit in properly, you still turn me down." They said they don't know what to do with me or my looks because my looks were too over the top and that my looks were more feature than background acting. They said that even if they put in the Verizon wireless commercial where the guy is standing in front of like millions of people, they said I would still stand out in the crowd because of my height, my built and my look. I felt so trapped professionally, that I went under a serious stage of frustration, but I still won't give up. I know that if I never try or make it, then I would know that at least I tried and won't feel sorry or wonder what if. I have been pursuing the acting and modeling career for 23 years, and I still won't give up as giving up for me is like stop living. There is no point in living if there is no dream or goals or ambitions in life. That is the whole purpose of why we are here and placed on earth.
Despite of the many rejections I have gotten from the mainstream industry, I still have faith and dreams that one day there will be a small space for me somewhere LOL as dreaming is actually free, doesn't cost a thing. Growing up as a transgender female has been hard and harsh on me, but I am a strong willed woman with beliefs and morals and being who I am has also caused me heartaches and headaches. At the beginning of my transition, people were really hard on me because I was too much of a woman even in my mannerisms and sometimes, that makes it hard for them to accept or perceive. I have had great opportunities come to my hands, but they get taken away the moment they all realize that I am not a real woman. I believe that destiny had me predestined for grace and success, but it wasn't me who stood in the way of my dreams, it was people's prejudice attitude and taboos that made it so hard on me and deprived me from what was rightfully mine in life. I became a ghost and shadow of success behind an image that couldn't get out because of what it is and what it is stands for. I have been told by many people even from women in the mainstream that my presence and looks intimidates them as well as men. The men and women that are not familiar with transgender females like myself, they look at me like I am mentally ill or crazy or lost. I have had people asking me if I know what I am doing with my life. I always told them: "never been more sure than I am now!". Some admire my courage, others look at me like I need a shrink or something. For example, when I took acting classes at Santa Monica College, when I first walked into that classroom, from girls to boys were all checking me out, but when they found out I was a transgender female, they all looked at me weird and almost repulsed by me. Some were so afraid of me, they wouldn't even look at me or talk to me even if I got put into a group work. It was hard dealing with it, but little by little as the semester went by, I ended up winning them all over to the point, that they all felt sad the day I told them that was my last day in school. They gave me presents and greeting cards, some funny ones too. My teacher said to me that no matter where I went, my attitude and persona would always help me light my way ahead. It was the most beautiful compliment someone had ever given me and I was moved, I cried. The last day of class, it was my teacher's birthday and mine and the kids in classroom brought me and her a cake and flowers to both of us. The girls really got attached to me and I grew on them I guess. It was the most moving experience of my life.
After a while, I continued to update my profile at the casting agency where I worked for and they still wouldn't call me. Sometimes, they would call me only to offer me roles in which I get laughed at or ridiculed and I always turn them down, because I keep telling them that I am not interested in being a public joke or clown for society. I told them I was looking for respect, admiration, acceptance and approval which is more important to me than anything in the entire world. It is what will make me validated not only as a human being, but as a woman and that is a major PLUS for me. I often think about what I truly want from mainstream and what I truly want from them is just that and to be appreciated as not just for my looks or talents but as a person as well. I love being on set and meeting new people and actors that are actually real people. It's not like the outside world. The people in the outside world are rotten at soul, mind and spirit. Everybody out there is out to trash or hurt or talk smack about someone else out of envy or jealousy and someone knows about all that is me, because I have been thru all the wrong paths of life. The path of envy, the path of jealousy, the path of sabotage, the path of discrimination, and the path of pain, but despite all these, I continue my own path of positivism and optimism always looking forward and moving forward as dwelling doesn't bring us to the future any closer.
The road to success if filled with obstacles, but the strongest obstacle in your way is yourself so set yourself free and let go and find that dream..! That's the philosophy I live by every day of my life.
                                                    

XOXOX, Vo D'Balm





You can help by purchasing a fundraising hoodie.
TranslifechangeCharity was created and is here, to improve the lives of #LGBTQIA. Are you donating or buying our merchandise, to support your own causes? Women's Charity Hoodies, are $39.50. Men's are $44.50 $5.00 of each sale goes to our public charity( 873876640)
                                      https://channel17uinnstore.kincustom.com/


                                               Trans Life Change LGBTQIA Charity Hoodies             


                                                                                    


 
                                               

                                                       #CampQuinn Hoodies
                                       


     
















Share this article :

Post a Comment

Like Box

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Channel 17uinn - All Rights Reserved
Blogger